PREPRUFE® pre-applied waterproofing solutions
A high performance, fully adhered, pre-applied waterproofing system for critical below grade applications.
Below grade waterproofing is a standout challenge for any construction project. Leaks from groundwater, storm water runoff or irrigation water may impact the foundation of any building that's improperly waterproofed—and when concrete is involved, there are any number of ways that water can travel into and around a structure.
- Water can come up through the seams of a poorly designed or improperly installed waterproofing membrane
- Job site conditions such as dust can spoil the adhesion of membrane to concrete and prevent a system from performing as designed
- Imperfections, voids and cracks in concrete can create a pathway for water to migrate in and around a structure.
To manage the risks outlined above and meet the challenges of below-grade construction, a robust, high performing and easily installed waterproofing system is required.
PREPRUFE® Product Documents
|Product Name||Product Data Sheet|
|PREPRUFE® 300R Membrane|
|PREPRUFE® 300R Plus Membrane|
|PREPRUFE® Grout CEM 100|
|PREPRUFE® Grout EG 75|
|PREPRUFE® Tape and PREPRUFE® CJ Tape|
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
BITUTHENE® 3000HC (Hot Climate grade) is the 1.5 mm thick waterproofing membrane made of Bituthene advanced self adhesive technology.
- Gas resistant
- Reduces installation risk
- Full width cross lamination HDPE film
- Used for elevated temperatures of up to +55 °C.
BITUTHENE® 8000 HC Waterproofing Membrane combines the proven BITUTHENE® adhesive technology with a unique, grey-coloured carrier film to provide superior performance and easier installation.
- Water and moisture proof
- Non-metalised film
- Used horizontally or vertically to protect basements and other critical sub-structures
- Suitable for flat decks such as inverted roofs, elevated or grade level podiums or plaza decks
BITUTHENE® Mastic is a cold applied one part solvent based rubberized bituminous mastic.
- Seals BITUTHENE® membranes when terminated in concrete chases.
- Seals edges of patches.
- Seal edges of overlaps in detail areas.
INTEGRITANK® is a high performance, structural waterproofing membrane for the protection of steel and concrete structures based on GCP’s (previously Stirling Lloyd) unique ESSELAC® advanced resin technology and extensive experience in the development of coatings for specialist waterproofing.
- Unaffected by high humidity
- Rapid cure even at low temperatures
- Able to carry load or traffic after one hour
PREPRUFE® 250 is a composite sheet comprised of an HDPE film, an aggressive pressure sensitive adhesive and a weather resistant protective coating. Using GCP's unique Advanced Bond Technology™, PREPRUFE® 250 provides a continuous seal to cured concrete, prevents lateral water migration and provides long-term waterproofing performance.
- Prevents lateral water migration
- Fast and easy installation
- Helps to avoid project delays
- Excellent gas and vapor barrier
- Inherently waterproof, non-reactive system
PREPRUFE® 250 is intended for low hydrostatic pressure or intermittent water conditions (typically characterized by less than 4m of hydrostatic head pressure). Applications include construction such as garages, plant rooms and utility grade basements.
PREPRUFE® 300R Membrane is a unique composite sheet comprised of a thick HDPE film, pressure sensitive adhesive, and weather resistant protective coating.
- The unique continuous adhesive bond to concrete poured against it prevents water migration and makes it unaffected by ground settlement beneath slabs.
- Designed with fully adhered adhesive to adhesive watertight seams and easy to execute detailing.
- Provides a barrier to water, moisture and gas physically isolating the structure from the surrounding substrate.
PREPRUFE® 300R Plus membrane is a unique composite sheet comprised of a thick HDPE film, pressure sensitive adhesive, and weather resistant protective coating. Designed with Advanced Bond Technology™ and dual adhesive ZipLap™ seams, the PREPRUFE® Plus membrane forms a unique, integral bond to poured concrete.
- The unique continuous adhesive bond to concrete poured against it is designed to prevent water migration and make it unaffected by ground settlement beneath slabs.
- Designed with fully adhered adhesive to adhesive watertight ZipLap™ seams and easy to execute detailing.
- Designed to provide a barrier to water, moisture and gas and to physically isolate the structure from the surrounding substrate.
- concrete blinding
- well compacted sand on rolled crushed stone
- rigid insulation
- clay heave boards
- permanent formwork
- removable formwork
- 19 mm plywood
- Hydroduct drainage sheets
- Adjacent sub-structures
PREPRUFE® Grout CEM 100 is a high strength, cementitious, non-shrink grout for re-profiling of pile heads prior to the application of PREPRUFE® Grout EG 75 or for concrete substrate repairs. When used with PREPRUFE® Grout EG 75, continuity of PREPRUFE® waterproofing systems at pile heads and similar structural penetrations is achieved.
- Compatible with PREPRUFE® Grout EG 75
- Low permeability
- Shrinkage compensated (non-shrink)
- High bond to concrete substrates
- Rapid strength gain
- Re-profiling of pile heads before the application of PREPRUFE® Grout EG 75
- Re-profiling of structural penetrations through PREPRUFE® sheet waterproofing systems before the application of PREPRUFE® Grout EG 75
PREPRUFE® Grout EG 75 is a high performance, solvent free, impermeable epoxy grout for maintaining continuity of PREPRUFE® waterproofing systems at pile heads and similar structural penetrations. The product comprises of a base epoxy resin, an epoxy hardener and graded mineral aggregates. The three components are supplied pre-measured for easy on site mixing at the correct ratio.
- Water resistant adhesion to all products in the Preprufe sheet waterproofing system
- High bond to substrate
- Rapid strength gain
- High compressive, flexural and tensile strengths
- Waterproofing of pileheads and pilecaps
- Waterproofing of structural penetrations through PREPRUFE® waterproofing systems
- Recommended thickness range 1/2" (13mm) - 3" (75 mm)
- Accessory Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
BITUTHENE® LM (E) is designed to complement GCP sheet systems where liquid applied waterproofing is necessary to ensure watertight continuity. BITUTHENE® LM is a bitumen modified polyurethane sealant that cures to form a tough seamless rubber-like waterproof layer.
- Liquid applied
- Tough rubber-like
- Chemically cured
- Cold applied
- PREPRUFE® and BITUTHENE® compatible
- pile terminations
- pipe penetrations
- membrane continuity through masonry
- internal corners
- difficult details
Bitumen based solvent primer for application to substrates prior to the application of BITUTHENE® self–adhesive waterproof membranes.
- High solids content - higher coverage per litre
- Easy application by brush or roller
- All temperatures above +5 °C
Concrete, masonry, steel substrates
PREPRUFE® Tape and PREPRUFE® CJ Tape are specially formulated two sided, reinforced pressure-sensitive tapes. These tapes are constructed with a highly aggressive adhesive which is designed to adhere to penetrations, protrusions and GCP waterproofing membranes.
- Detail areas including end laps, penetrations and repairs to PREPRUFE® waterproofing systems
- Construction joints
Protect your building with a three-layer membrane
Comprised of a robust HDPE film, pressure sensitive adhesive and protective coating, PREPRUFE® forms a robust, permanent and aggressive adhesive bond with any concrete slab. PREPRUFE® products are specifically designed to perform in critical applications and incorporate Advanced Bond Technology™ to ensure fully adhered and long lasting product performance. This technology allows PREPRUFE® to form a continuous unbroken seal with the concrete for the design life of the project.
A proven, reliable waterproofing solution for critical applications
PREPRUFE® waterproofing Advanced Bond Technology™ creates a continuous, integral and permanent adhesive bond to concrete. This seal prevents the lateral migration of water into and around the structure and provides performance for the lifetime of the structure. In the case of a breach or installation error, this fully-bonded membrane ensures that water under hydrostatic pressure is unable to migrate between the membrane and concrete, therefore limiting the risk of catastrophic waterproofing failure. Independent testing and a 25+ year track record has proven that PREPRUFE® can resist lateral water migration at extremely high pressure – 70+ meters of hydrostatic head pressure. For this reason, PREPRUFE® systems are globally proven in the world's most critical applications.
Contractor friendly, straightforward installation to ensure performance and accelerate project schedules
Many systems in the market today require the use of welding or mechanically fastened laps. These installation requirements require a skilled installer, introduce risk to the installation and take time, effort and expertise. These methods requires a large crew and specialised equipment in addition to creating the potential for dangerous and unpleasant site conditions such as odour. In addition to the logistical challenges, these processes tend to be finicky— common jobsite challenges such as dust and moisture can easily result in incorrectly completed laps and details, both of which may result in expensive and costly long-term consequences.
By contrast, PREPRUFE® Plus can be applied with a minimal crew and requires no special equipment for installation. Installation is simple: a "kick-out" design allows workers to unroll a sheet in seconds. A dual adhesive ZipLap™ seam allows sheets to bond to one another easily, and the adhesive is designed to resist common nuisance conditions onsite - dust, debris and moisture.
With applications on mega projects such as the Alaskan Viaduct, the largest bored tunnel on Earth, PREPRUFE® has been proven the world over in critical applications. Over the last 25 years, builders have installed more than 650 million square feet (over 60 million m2) of PREPRUFE® in below-grade applications—there’s hardly a more trusted brand in waterproofing. For more information on how PREPRUFE® can benefit your project, contact GCP today.