DE NEEF® HA SAFEFOAM™ NF
Environmentally friendly, non-phthalate, low viscosity hydrophilic polyurethane injection resin designed for moving non-structural cracks. Hydro Active Safefoam NF can be used as a 2-component 1:1 ratio system with water as second component
HA SAFEFOAM NF is a single component, non-phthalate, low viscosity, hydrophilic, polyurethane resin. After curing HA SAFEFOAM™ NF forms an inert, flexible, close cell foam with very good tensile and adhesion properties. HA SAFEFOAM™ NF can be used as a 2-component system with a 1:1 ratio water for injection into dry cracks.
- ADR free transport
- Non-phthalate resin, REACH compliant
- High bond and tensile strength
- Withstands thermal movement, wet-dry cycles, freezethaw cycles and crack movement without degradation
- Good all-round chemical resistance (*)
Field of Application
- For sealing dry, moving, non-structural cracks as a 2-component system with a 1:1 ratio with water.
- For sealing moist, moving non-structural cracks as a 1-component system.
- For sealing water leaks between the joints of concrete tunnel segments.
- For curtain injections behind tunnel segments.
- For sealing moving, leaking cracks.
- Filling of honeycombs below ground water level.
- For waterproofing man and non-man accessible sewer pipes.
- For expansion joints or annular joints in combination with oil-free dry oakum or open cell foams.
(*) For chemical resistances please contact your GCP representative.
HA SAFEFOAM NF can be used as a 1-component system for injection into moist conditions or as a 2-component system with a 1:1 ratio with water for injection in dry conditions. Before starting the injection, consult the Technical Data Sheets and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) in order to be familiar with the materials at hand.
- Drill holes of the correct diameter for the selected packer. Drill at an angle of 45°.
- Preferably the holes should be drilled staggered around the crack to insure good coverage of the crack in case it is not perpendicular to the concrete surface. The depth of the bore should be approximately half of the thickness of the concrete. As a rule of thumb the distance of the drill point from the crack is half the wall thickness.
- Distance between holes can vary by 15 to 90 cm, depending on the actual situation. •Insert the correctly sized packer into the hole up to 2/3 of its length.
- Tighten with a wrench or spanner by turning clockwise until sufficient tension has been reached to keep the packer in place during injection.
- Start the injection at the first packer. Start injecting at the lowest pressure setting of the pump. Slowly increase the pressure until the resin begins to flow. Pressures may vary from 4 bars to 200 bars depending on the size of the crack, the thickness of the concrete and the general condition of the concrete. A little leakage of resin through the concrete or crack is useful in showing the extent of resin travel. Large leaks should be plugged with rags, wait for the resin to set, then inject again.
- Stop pumping when the pure resin reaches the next packer. Move to the next packer and repeat the procedure. After injecting through a few of the packers, go back to the first one and re-inject with resin. Let the resin cure thoroughly before removing packers. The resulting holes can be filled with hydraulic cement.
- When the injection is finished, clean all tools and equipment, which have been in contact with the resin with HA Washing Agent Eco. This should be done immediately. Do not use solvents or other cleaning products since they give less positive results and can create hazardous situations.
- Products should be disposed off according to local legislation. Refer to MSDS for general recommendations.
- In case of spills and accidents, refer to the MSDS of the products or when in doubt contact your local GCP representative.
- Always wear appropriate protective gear for the job at hand according to local guidelines and regulations. We recommend that gloves and protective goggles should be worn when handling chemical products. See MSDS for further recommendations.
Technical Data / Properties
|HA SAFEFOAM™ NF uncured|
|Solids||100%||EN ISO 3251|
|Viscosity at 25°C||Approx. 290 mPas||EN ISO 3219|
|Density at 20°C||Approx. 1.100kg / dm3||EN ISO 2811|
|Flash Point (°C)||107°C||EN ISO 2719|
|HA SAFEFOAM™ NF cured|
|Curing time 1:1 with water||Start 20 sec End 3 minutes||Test ASTM|
|Expansion 1:1 with water||4V||Test ASTM|
|Tensile strength||Approx. 11 MPa||EN ISO 527|
|Elongation at break||Approx. 160%||EN ISO 527|
HA SAFEFOAM NF: Pale yellow liquid.
Has to be estimated by the engineer or operator and depends on width and depth of the cracks and voids which need to be injected.
HA SAFEFOAM NF
25kg metal drum
1 pallet: 24 drums
HA SAFEFOAM NF is moisture sensitive.
To be purchased separately
- DE NEEF® Washing Agent ECO
- Packers and connectors.
(See relevant data sheets).
Health and Safety
Users must read and understand the product label and safety data sheet (SDS) for each system component before use. All users should acquaint themselves with this information prior to working with the material. Carefully read detailed precaution statements on the product label and SDSs before use. The most current SDSs can be obtained from the GCP website at gcpat.com or by contacting GCP at +1-703-741-5970.
gcpat.ae | United Arab Emirates customer service: +971 4 5139560
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
DE NEEF is a trademark, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2019 GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 2325 Lakeview Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30009, USA
P. O. Box 5006, Office 2104, 21 Floor, The Exchange Tower, Opp. JW Marriott Marquis Hotel, Business Bay, Dubai – United Arab Emirates
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in the UAE. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.ae. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2022-11-18