Updates as of 26 March 2020
Re: EMEA Region Coronavirus COVID-19 Update
As we are all too aware, the outbreak of the new coronavirus (“COVID-19”) has impacted business operations around the world. GCP Applied Technologies remains focused on the best interests of our employees and the needs of our customers.
We have activated our business continuity team which is comprised of procurement, supply chain, and operations. These professionals are working daily with all facets of the GCP organisation, and our goal remains to provide the best service possible to our customers.
GCP has various production sites and locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Turkey, and India. National Authorities are issuing many directives in order to adopt appropriate containment measures, and this situation is evolving very rapidly. We are constantly reviewing changes and taking all appropriate precautions, including the following:
- We are committed to following National Government and other relevant guidelines, recommendations, and restrictions on travel as well as activities at job sites, plants, and offices.
- GCP employees who have job functions that can be performed remotely are productively doing so, and our IT infrastructure has to date proven to be well prepared to support this change.
- Where GCP sites remain operational, we have implemented staggered work schedules for operations, labs and technical service to ensure social distancing.
- Customer service and technical help lines are working remotely and remain open.
- We have stopped all business air travel as well as non-essential face to face meetings with customers and vendors and are asking the same from them; we are holding meetings via Skype, teleconference, and videoconference where possible and deferring other meetings altogether.
- We are issuing regular communications to all our employees related to COVID-19 operational changes, safety, and hygiene practices and advice.
- All of our sites have finalized preparations for any potential deep cleaning requirements.
- Our multiple source supply strategy we believe will help mitigate potential raw material supply disruption.
- GCP’s multiple locations in Europe and the Middle East allows some flexibility in supplying our customers from alternative locations. We do anticipate potential transport / shipping delays so we would be grateful for as much lead time as possible for orders in order to minimise disruption.
- As of 26 March, our India and South Africa facilities are closed in line with their government guidelines. We are closely following government regulations as they apply to our locations and will work within those guidelines to re-open as soon as it is safe and lawful to do so.
This situation obviously continues to evolve quickly. We are taking appropriate steps to help manage risks and meet the needs of our customers and suppliers. We will continue to communicate any changes that may develop, and as always we remain committed to supporting you during this rapidly evolving period.
Thank you for your support and flexibility.
Regional Head, GCP EMEA
March 20, 2020
To our valued customers,
The outbreak of the new coronavirus (“COVID-19”) has impacted businesses worldwide. We want to assure you that GCP Applied Technologies remains focused on the health of our employees and customers.
For the safety of all, we are committed to following strict Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization guidelines. GCP employees who have job functions that can be performed remotely are productively doing so. Our team is monitoring the situation daily and taking all appropriate precautions. We will continue to share communications as this situation unfolds.
We are open for business.
GCP has activated its business continuity team of senior procurement, supply chain and operations executives. This team is coordinating closely across our entire organisation to help us remain responsive to this evolving situation and to your needs. GCP has a strong presence in the regions we serve, and our operations group has been focused diligently on our inventory levels in order to help offset potential supply issues should they arise.
Here for you.
Our sales and customer service teams are working hard to support the needs of our customers. We recognise that many of our customers may want to arrange advance shipments of materials in anticipation of job site demands. We understand that need and will work with our customers to accommodate such requests where we can. We are here for you. Please reach out to your sales representative or customer service for the same level of service you have come to expect from us.
This situation obviously continues to evolve quickly. We are taking appropriate steps to help manage risks and meet the needs of our customers and suppliers. We are committed to keeping you informed as we all work together to address these unprecedented events.
On behalf of our employees around the world, I wish you and your family good health.
President and CEO